Enrique and I are on week two of vegetarian weekdays and meat-loving (and by meat I mean chicken) weekends. This past weekend to celebrate our chickpea eating we staycationed at the India Buffet. Is there nothing more delicious than chicken tikka masala, naan and yogurt sauce drizzled over an entire plate? I think not. I am not saying you should not eat meat, but the experience has brought some new and tasty dishes to our plates.
I highly recommend the following:
Orzo and Broccoli Pesto Salad from Spouted Kitchen (Notes: I just make pesto in a blender since I don't have a food processor, worked fine. Don't skip the creme fraiche- it is so amazing, as if you didn't already know that)
Lemony Lentil Salad from cookingafterfive at Food52 (Notes: I had no parsley and this dish was still amazing. Roasting cauliflower is the best idea ever)
Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pine nut Crunch from Bon Appetit (Notes: Don't make this unless you are ready for a serious pasta overload. This was delic. I found pine nuts in the bulk section of Whole Foods and bought less than the recipe called for since they cost like $22 a lb. I also only made half of this recipe and it lasted two meals. I hate peppers and did not use them in this dish. I am sure they are lovely).
You can follow up these meals with
Firecracker Whoopie Pies from Annie's Eats (I used sprinkles and not Pop Rocks and a ziplock bag with the corner cut off instead of a pastry bag)
Raspberry Crumb Bars by Starting in December (Do everything she says. exactly.)
![]() |
| not the best shot ever, but here are the whoopie pies and raspberry crumb bars living it up at michelle's grad party |

2 comments:
oooh all sounds and looks yum!!
don't you ever get bored of chicken ???
it seems like we would get bored of chicken, but we just keep on eating it anyway. miss you!
Post a Comment