Popular Posts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

vegetarian week: a review

I wrote this post last week and then never posted it. We actually ended up doing two vegetarian weeks and have significantly cut back on our meat intake. This is good for the grocery bill.

the vegetarian week went so well that we are doing it again (full disclosure- we ate chicken on both Saturday and Sunday). 


My favorite recipe from last week (editor's note: actually two weeks ago now!) was the vegetable jalfrezi. I made some changes of course because I didn't have 2 of the spices it called for, I hate onions and peppers and I am nervous about using so much chili. Even half of this recipe was enough for dinner and two-three lunches, so there is really no reason to make the full batch unless you are having a party or have a big hungry family. We ate it over rice for dinner and then ate it with indian bread (naan) for lunch a couple of times.

Then Enrique made this dish, which was also lovely:

HIP_322097376.558834

Remember how I said I would add some more Peruvian recipes and never did? Well, this it the vegetarian version of estofado and I will definitely be sharing shortly. I just need to get Enrique to give me the recipe.

No comments: