Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Couscous Salad

I am not quite ready for a wedding update/recap yet, but it will come. In the meantime, a huge thanks to everyone who came, you guys are awesome. We asked our guests to upload their photos- so you can check here for ridiculous photos of yourself.

Couscous Salad:
1 box of Israeli Couscous (I usually buy this from Trader Joe's, but any kind works, the traditional smaller couscous also can be substituted, but I think the bigger kind if better)
Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (as many as you would like)
Mozzarella balls (as many as you would like)
The dressing: 
scant 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
little salt

Cook the couscous according the instructions on the box. Throw in the tomatoes and the cheese. You may want to halve the tomatoes and/or mozzarella balls depending on their size. Mix together the dressing and then toss with couscous mixture. Let sit 15 or longer for optimal taste. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate. 
*Note: You can really put anything you would like in the salad (e.g. apples, olives, cranberries, etc... I am pretty picky, so I like to keep it simple)

1 comment:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

Ugh I made a ton of this last night and now I am pissed because I am at work and forgot to bring in my leftovers for lunch/snack. Darn!
It was so good, thanks again!
PS John thinks I should add avocado, but I said it wouldn't hold up and might be weird. What do you think?