Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Guest Chef

Kristen and John are in Jersey for the holidays spending time with family. Lucky for me, they made the trip into Philadelphia for a pre-departure dinner at my house.
Kristen and I made Moorish Paella for the main course, served with Indian peas and a sweet potato & pancetta appetizer. The peas and paella turned out nicely. Unfortunately I forgot an important ingredient in the appetizer and they came out a bit burned. I was really looking forward to them, and it was my first time using pancetta. I think I will try them again for New Year's Eve. The guests kindly ate them, but they weren't very good.
Then as an extra treat to round off the night, Jon & Alexis stopped by! We are neighbors, but haven't hung out much due to school (as an update: he/his ankle is doing well, he got another surgery right before xmas).
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their families & friends.

Getting prepared for dinner

Burned sweet potatoes. Lulu doesn't care. 
Prazzle received an iPod Touch.


Bff's

1 comment:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

Yay!! That was fun and I really DID like the sweet potatoes. I think I might steal the recipe and remake (correctly or not)!
I love Lulu!!!!!!