Popular Posts

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Preparation

I am not going to my parents house for Thanksgiving. The timing and price of rental cars just doesn't work out.  It isn't the first time that I haven't been home, but it is the first time that Enrique and I are doing Thanksgiving ourselves (and by ourselves I mean that E is doing nothing except offering advice on what I should cook). Praz and I cooked once (or rather I probably watched her cook) and that went pretty well I think- so I am feeling confident this year. Kristen has a rundown of the dessert she will be making on her blog. Plus, I have recruited Eunice to cook the Turkey. That helps!

Here is what I think we are going to make:  
1. Turkey
2. Stuffing (still haven't decided on a recipe, suggestions welcome)
4. Mashed Potatoes- no recipe necessary, just lots of butter, milk and salt
6. Applesauce (from the store)

To top off the Thanksgiving holiday, my bff Veronica (this is her working like a slave at the wedding weekend) is coming to visit on Friday-Sunday. Awes.


1 comment:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

yum... good luck with everything!
Luckily some of my attendees are helping out with dinner this year so I'm only responsible for turkey, potatoes (mashed and sweet), corn, gb casserole, the pie, and of course the pumpkin cookies. I do not see those on your list but I assume you're making them. Your fancy cran sauce sounds nice, but I'm so partial to the store-bought jellied kind! I can't help it. Good luck to Eunice... the turkey is the hardest party. For perspective, this year I got a 13 lb turkey (for six guests total... 2 are actually vegetarian but John insists on tons of leftovers), and the year it was just you, me and John I got a 22 lb turkey.
At 29 cents a pound, I really can't resist a big bird. If only I had a deep freezer and I could eat turkey all year long!