Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Movie etc.

We have Netflix, but I have seriously been neglecting it lately. Somehow being a student, TA-ing two real classes and two online classes, AND trying to find time to see your partner when he works in DC has been kind of challenging. This is a total 180 from my days at AU when I was on the 2 or 3 dvds (school year v. summer) at a time plan and couldn't watch them fast enough. How else would I have been able to make up for my tv-deprevied youth and watch 10 years of law and order svu and 7 seasons of the west wing in two short years?
Now, we just get one dvd at a time and unfortunately (unless you are Netflix) I have had the same dvd at my house for like 10 days. Last night we had family night (me, E, and his sister) and we finally watched Away We Go. This has the dude from The Office in it. It was also written by Dave Eggers.  It was cute and I appreciated the functional relationship the two main characters had with each other. I feel like you never see that in movies.
The scooter should be making an appearance this weekend. Or rather, I should be making an appearance on the scooter this weekend. Get excited!


2 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

I AM excited! Away We Go was pretty good. John is bad at watching his movies too, but I am pretty good at keeping a semi-constant stream of crap in the house.

Unknown said...

my fiscal-ness is exacerbated by netflix. sometimes i am so over excited to make sure i return a cd the minute someone is done with it results in my sending prematurely. it's trying.
Away We Gl: it was, in the words of Praz, 'pretty good.' I loved the LN part and when that character was challenged. Did you at feel like the end was a cop out? I don't want to spoil it for people that haven't seen the movie, but if that option was there THE ENTIRE TIME, wouldn't it, for most people with flexible jobs, have been a no-brainer? i was bummed about that. 'what's with all the seahorses?"