Popular Posts

Thursday, August 12, 2010

online recipe resources

I am a sucker for cookbooks. If you know me, you know I am always ready to eat and in the bookstore, cookbooks are there tempting me with pretty pictures of food. They also require little effort to absorb and understand (as opposed to this). I do thinking cooking/baking can be complicated, but it never seems that way while you are looking at the delicious pictures of food in the bookstore.
As I am making more conscious money saving efforts, buying cookbooks is a definite NO WAY.

Here are some of my favorite online resources for recipes/food info. If you have others to recommend please share them in the comments! (Also, I hope to make a weekly recipe post. This week: Couscous Salad)

bon appetit
food 52
pati's mexican table
k thru praz
food on the brain
sprouted kitchen
101 cookbooks
joelen's culinary adventures
steph chows

2 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

thanks for the plug! some other blogs and online resources that I love are:

allrecipes.com
bettycrocker.com (don't judge)
foodista.com
17andbaking.com
sparkrecipes.com
yummly.com

Also I get Everyday Food monthly from Martha Stewart (i think John got me a free subscription with his Coke points)... martha's magazines and her website are a great resource.

ssHUMANs said...

thanks for the suggestions. michelle used to (or still does) get the everyday food magazine, which i like. she also gets bon apetit which had good stuff. i like martha also because she has more affordable meals, i usually don't need to go out any buy special ingredients.