Hello Bleckers (Blog Checkers?!),
Well today is the last day before I start school again. I'm not looking forward to the school part of it, but I'm ready to see my schooly friends again and to be done- so I guess I can deal.
This weekend Lucas and I took a little trip to the sprawling Amish Country. It is only a little over and hour from Phila, so it was a nice get away close to home. I had booked the hotel and other than that- done very little research on what we should do prior to getting there.
We ended up going to an Amish house and farm tour- where we saw exactly two amish people (see above). We learned a whole lot about the Amish, including the reason why they use suspenders and how you can tell if an Amish woman is married. I am not going to reveal these marvelous facts in an effort to encourage more tourism to good old Amish country.
We grabbed dinner at the Plain and Fancy Farm, but instead of eating trough style, decided to go with the Menu option. I would recommend the rolls and apple butter, beyond that it was hit or miss (mostly miss).
Of course, I couldn't leave Lancaster without throwing up a few gang signs and getting down with the locals.
'L' is for Lancaster!
Or Lambchop- which they also really get down with there.....
Lovvvvve,
Your Amish-Lovin Homegirl
4 comments:
Sounds fun! (ish)
It's always nice to get away.
I just visited Amish Country via my television and MTV's True Life "I'm Ex-Amish"
Amish peeps seem *almost* as screwed up as the FLDS peeps.
did you swim in the hotel pool? did lucas like the trip? i can get these details in person if you don't want to write to everyone.
praz... flds or Scientologist?
Kristin - It was fun(ish).
Sara - We did swim in the pool and Lucas had a good time. It was nice for us to get away and it's always fun to stay in a hotel for some reason. Hope your lunch was good and the cake was wet enough for Enrique! :) Have fun at school tomorrow!
Scientologists are weirdos but at least they mask themselves as somewhat "normal." FLDS don't even try... and they rape 14 y.o. girls. Not cool.
Don't know much about the Amish except that the show I watched they said child abuse was very common.
Post a Comment