I officially started Temple yesterday, although I was there last week for a few orientations. I think school will be good(ish).
Some notes/observations:
1. all the good food trucks still seem to be around + some new ones. Ray's funnel cakes (! yes we have funnel cake trucks at Temple), eppys for breakfast sandwiches, good pizza, and the crepe truck are all still there. I haven't actually eaten any of these things because I know it only goes downhill once I start. Their presence brings me happiness- like a safety net. I have eaten at a new place called the "sexy green truck" which serves organic and local "healthy-ish" food and it was very good (the hummus, tomato, cucumber, lettuce pita).
2. I almost got hit by an ecart last week. The students who work on ground crew look exactly the same as when I worked there. Well, they look like the "cool kids/hispters" who used to work there- I didn't actually see any pink grandma sweaters, so I don't think they look like me. There was no apology made by the reckless ecart drivers for almost ramming into me. I had to jump out of the way.
3. I miss south Philadelphia. West Philly is cool but whatever- South Philadelphia is comfortable. We took a stroll by the old house. I miss it.
4. The food in Philadelphia is so much better and cheaper than DC. Seriously.
![]() |
| 1716 s. iseminger |

3 comments:
..Temple - seems like ages ago. have fun there and if you see Bill say hi to him for me. miss you, marta
OMG iseminger!!! I miss that house and everything about it EXCEPT the dog-rat!
I am all sentimental now.
Sexy Green Truck is the best! And I don't know if you've had Insomnia Cookies (a couple trucks down from SGT), but they are great and also deliver.
Post a Comment