Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weddings Weddings and More Weddings!

Hey There, Bleaders! (Blog Readers - Get it?!?). So it's been a while since I've Bloasted- and it's pretty much turned into Sara's blog. I've heard my die-hard fans have been asking about me - so I've decided to deliver the goods.
August has been a month chocked full of weddings. Everyone knows about Sara's awesome matrimonial extravaganza, which was a blast! My friend Ben got married (on the same day as Sara), and though I had my Best Lady'ly duties to fulfill, my parents went and said it was also really nice.
This past weekend my brother married an amazing little lady named Leah, and I now have a sister-in-law. :) The whole weekend was really great and the wedding and after party were wonderful and a great time! It was in Madison, Wisconsin - where I (and my date Amy!) had never been before.
A few things about Madison, Wisconsin:
1. The people are out of this world NICE.
2. The airport is TINY.
3. The cheese curds are FRIED. (Though I never got to try one...or ten! Boo!)
And Finally.....
4. The cab drivers are WOMEN. (Both cabs we rode in were driven by women- whose first language was ingles!)
The wedding was in a park near Mike (my brother) and Leah's house. The food and drinks were great and their friends were nice. After the wedding and dinner - the sun went down and the mosquitoes came out with a vengeance, so we all booked it to a bug free location for some more drinks and dancing. It was a great time. Maybe one too many drinks were had by Amy and I (we were hurting a bit the next day)- but a good time!














On the way home from Wisconsin, Amy and I had a bit of flight trouble and ended up hanging out in the Chicago airport for about 10 hours. While we were very angry and hating every bit of Chicago during all 10 hours (see below).....













......We passed the time by "borrowing" best sellers off of the book stands and sneaking them back without the shirt folder boy noticing, as well as playing "20 questions" (thanks Kara) with very little success (I am not very well versed in "Famous people knowledge").












Overall - the trip was a success and we had a lot of fun, even the airport debacle will at some point (not yet - it's still too fresh of a wound) be looked back in fondly.
So Bleaders, I'll try not to be such an absent Bliter (Blog writer! Wooo!) from this point on. Sara and I are off to Amish country next weekend to collect more Bloasting material- So stay tuned! After that- we both start school and our lives are oveeeeerrrrrrr.
Looooooove,
The Stinky Cheese woMAN

7 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

LOL there are like ten million spaces after this post and before the comment link. Fix that! JK

Ok so I cant believe you didn't have the CURDS!! they are sooo delish. You might be able to find them on the East coast if there is an A&W restaurant near you, but I can't attest to their greatness.
Congrats to your fam... the wedding sounds great!
I too have gotten stuck in ChiTown airport for ridiculous amounts of time (and in uncomfortable underwear and a dead cell phone) and it SUCKS! I'm orig from Wisconsin (about an hour from Madison, so I am glad you had a great time. But the bugs do suck. Anyway hope you continue to blog. Love, your biggest Super fan, Praz

Michelle said...

Fixed! And thanks!

ssHUMANs said...

isn't chitown such a cute name for chicago? it almost makes me want to live there just so i can say it all the time.

Michelle said...

It's cute- but not enough to make me want to live there. I would never be able to go anywhere that required me to fly on a plane....since the airport is hell on earth.

Steph said...

I'm very happy to see YOU'VE inherited stinky as YOUR name! ;)

Steph said...

P.S. I avoid chicago when flying like the plague. Going to China we were delayed several hrs due to fog and to many planes. Coming home from China, we sat in the plane on the runway for a few hours in a snow storm. I woke up thinking we must be in Rochester, Mistaken.

Unknown said...

sara, i love you but i would place a bet that no one in chi-town refers to it as chi-town. and if there are people that live in chicago and insist on referring to it as chi-town, that these people are lonely, and you are not that.