Hey Bleaders (Blog Readers?),
Is this CSA stuff getting lame? If so- I'll stop. It's still exciting me, though! So this week I was a complete rebel and went on Thursday to pick up instead of my actual pick-up day of Saturday because Sara, Enrique and I are going away this weekend to Maryland. I was super nervous (I'm not much of a rule breaker), but not one person even looked in my direction. So I was safe.
Anyway- This week was pretty great. I came away with:
1 Head of Cabbage (what to do, what to do...)
10 Green Peppers (I cut them up and froze them- I actually also got a bunch of mint, but swapped it for the peppers)
1 bunch of Collards
2 zucchini (as if we don't have enough already!)
3 cucumbers
2 pounds of red potatoes
1 pound of apricots
5 peaches
3 onions
1 pint of blueberries
Lots of fruit this week- which is exciting. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the cabbage. Any suggestions other than coleslaw?
Love,
Amanda Huggenkiss
1 comment:
Cabbage soup... or you could use it for lettuce wrap style meals... ground up seasoned turkey or something wrapped with cabbage leaves, eaten like a taco?
Post a Comment