I have become a serious podcast fan, listening to them on my walk to work in the morning. I can listen to one 45-50 minute podcast a day and by Thursday/Friday I am out of podcasts.
My regulars:
1. This American Life- I am pretty sure that everyone is on board that Ira Glass is awesome.
2. Radiolab- My Aunt suggested I listen to this and today I listed to an AMAZING podcast entitled "Limits" from 4/6/10. I really really recommend listening to it. It explores the limits of the human body and mind. Fascinating.
3. The Moth- short stories told on stage in front of a live audience without notes.
4. NPR: Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!- just reminded me this week that They Might Be Giants should definitely be on the wedding music list.
5. New Yorker Fiction- good but only comes out once a month.
Any other good podcast suggestions?
6 comments:
Wiretap!!! It's phenomenal - on Canadian Broadcasting. It's a mix of short stories, interviews, and funny conversations with the host's insane friends. Let me know what you think...
Julie
I listen to most of the ones on your list, but I also listen to some silly podcasts. they make my commute to work enjoyable.
*Savage LoveCast - call in advice show
*SModcast - Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier
*Tell Em Steve Dave - Kevin Smith's friends but I actually am starting to like this pod more than his. They just talk about stuff. Makes me feel like I have friends.
Oh I totally forgot, I also love "The Ricky Gervais" show. They are mostly paid podcasts, but a few are free, and I have them all so i can give them to you (the paid for ones)
ok. i listened to wiretap this morning on the way to work and was laughing out loud which is always embarrassing.
prazzle- you do have friends. smodcast makes a lot of references to people i don't know, but i agree that it is good sometimes. i am going to check out ricky gervais and the smodcast friends for tomorrow.
thanks!
I like The Adam Carolla Podcast, Stuff You Missed In History Class, Kevin Pollak's Chat Show (has good guests), and some filmy stuff you probably wouldn't like.
my new friend morgan recommended a 'things you should know' podcast. she seconds Kevin's suggestion of 'stuff you missed in history...' and I think she may have mentioned a 'how things work.' i am considering getting on the 'listening to podcasts while you run' bandwagon, but haven't yet. so, to emphasize, these are recommendations from a third party source. ox
Post a Comment