Popular Posts

Monday, January 2, 2012

right now

What I am enjoying this week (jan 2)

listen: diamonds on the soles of her shoes (paul simon); blackbird (beatles); countdown (beyonce).

read: a second reading of  hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world by Murakami. Since I have a horrible memory, it is almost like I am reading it for the first time again. I am planning on getting my hands on a copy of his new book in the upcoming months. I received a couple of new books for the Christmas that I want to start soon also.

eat: leftovers of party food and lots of salad with couscous & tomatoes. Simple and delicious. I also recently made this almond milk cake, but I am resisting eating it. If you are looking for healthy recipes for the new year, 101 cookbooks is a good resource.

almond tres leches


travel: we are leaving for our portland/seattle trip tomorrow. Neither of us has ever been to Seattle, so any food or sights recommendations are especially welcome. We are only in the city for a couple of days and Enrique will be really busy, but I hope we can share a nice meal or two together. I am looking forward to seeing Enrique's living space and new life in Portland. He has been more enthusiastic about making Portland a mid/long term place to live recently which means the city is growing on him.


No comments: