Right now: on the amtrak train between portland and seattle and sitting on the left hand side for the view, as recommended by Tahnee. Everything is pine trees, water and fog. It is really quite lovely.E & I spend our first day together in Portland walking around downtown and having a tour of Enrique's office space at PSU. Portland is quiet and beautiful, and whether or not these are qualities that I am looking for in a home base are still unclear, but I think there is definitely something charming about the space. We want to take a day trip to the Oregon coast next week and spend some time outside of the town. The wide variety of food carts in the city does make imagining living here a bit easier. We didn't actually eat at any (yet), but I had fun just looking.

![]() |
| enrique's office |
![]() |
| this is for Marta:) |
![]() |
| if only we loved pork |
![]() |
| three menus |




2 comments:
pork really is probably my favorite meat! And that Polish place looks awesome -- did you have any paprikash?
you would be a good partner to eat at these food trucks with. sometimes my students at temple tell me about how gross food trucks are and I tell them to stop being so ridiculous. i did not eat/see paprikash, but i also don't know what it is. my experience with polish food has been kind of scary, but i am open to suggestions that do not involve lots of ground meat or cooked cabbage.
Post a Comment