Last week at dinner, Tahnee was mentioning that she liked to think about getting rid of her cell phone and only having a landline. And even though I don't like using my phone, I still thought "that won't work."
Now here I am in Seattle/Portland and I realized that I haven't turned my cell phone back on after flying to the West Coast and I love it. I haven't missed it.
I have a few things working in my favor:
1. I am with Enrique, who is basically the only person I talk to regularly on my phone;
2. I don't have a fancy phone that connects to the internet and sends free text messages, so I probably don't like my phone as someone who does have those luxuries;
3. Enrique does have one of these fancy phones and he lets me borrow it to make reservations for dinner and take photos;
4. People don't really call me because they probably know I won't call them back unless they specifically say that a return phone call is required. I am more of the 'yes I heard your message and no I didn't respond to it" type.
On the other hand, I sometimes dream of having an iPhone.
1 comment:
These days it isn't really necessary to have a land line. We have one because of our OOMA device and we pay no monthly bill at all - for us it is good because it links up to the intercom in our building and is our only "local" number as John and I are both on our family's plans. I only recently acquired a smart phone because my mom decided it would be "smart" for her to get one and they had some sort of deal. I def think I could live without it, but not without texting. it is so much better/easier than calling someone.
Post a Comment