Popular Posts

Monday, September 26, 2011

scooter update

A lesson that I continually need reminding of is to keep my mouth shut while riding the scooter. That doesn't seem that hard right? I don't know why I can't remember. No good can come from an open mouth- primarily in the form of small insects. I almost hit a bird today and the scariness of that situation made me think twice about some of the benefits of having a car (I usually like to deny that a car is better than a scooter in any way). I mean there is no way I am getting a car or anything, I just appreciate the protection of a windshield when making contact with animals.
Some reasons that having a scooter is cool:
  1. You can yell at people who are driving like idiots and really feel like they hear you. I probably need to stop this before someone just decides to run over me (less of a benefit is that you can hear people saying ridiculous stuff to you); 
  2.  I park on the sidewalk at my house and at Temple;  
  3. I spend about $3 a week on gas (~65 mpg); 
  4. Small children will want to be your friend. They will talk about your sparkly helmet and ask to touch it (or in one case ask to wear it and be allowed); 
  5. My insurance is $75 a year; 
  6. You don't have to wait for SEPTA; 
  7. Your friends will think you are tough (this might be wishful thinking).
need I say more? Obviously there are some drawbacks (I can't get on the highway, rain stinks, lulu can't ride along, birds might kill you), but they are less relevant to this discussion of scooter awesomeness. The weather today was amazing, really enjoyable to be zipping around on a scooter. Now if I only had my scooting partner...

Have a great week. 

1 comment:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

I want one so bad! But I would probably fall over, clumsy praz.

You should get a sidecar for lulu