Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

my mother

My mom is a pretty rad lady. She retired (for the second time) this year, and she totally deserves it. Instead of working at a factory or with crazy people, she is hoping to do thing she loves, which is awesome (hello Farmdog Vintage).
While I was writing her extremely sporadic emails from Costa Rica, she nonchalantly mentioned that she was taking a solo road trip across the country this summer to see some people. How many (mom-aged) women do you know who do this stuff? Dakotas, Arizona, New Mexico, Tennessee... I wish I was doing that. When I talked to her last Sunday she said she might leave the next day (Monday) but she hadn't packed anything or planned a route. Really, I wish I was doing that.
Anyway, it isn't mother-day or anything, but my mom is cool pretty much everyday.


Mom & Ollie
My mom hates photos much more than I do, so I am sort of respecting that by posting this photo.
Our family dog Ollie (aka Farmdog) died this month. We got him when I was in high school and he was a sweetheart.

1 comment:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

Your mom is cool. So was Ollie... I'm so sad to hear :(