The problem is that I am a huge advocate of not overpacking and so for six weeks I am trying to bring more than six outfits (6 shirts, 2 skirts, 3 pants, 1 dress- in case you were wondering). The clothes part is really no problem.
My dilema is with the shoes. For the trip, Temple has given us a checklist of things to pack. In the shoe department it includes: comfortable walking shoes, knee high rain boots, sandals for the shower/beach, dress shoes. Plus don't I need sandals that are not for the shower?
This is 5 different pairs of shoes, which seems a little extreme. It's the knee high rain boots, taking up way too much space.
Any packing tips from other practical packers?
![]() |
| This is what I took to Brazil when I went for three weeks |

3 comments:
My mom is the packing queen. Me, not so much.
my suggestion for the sandals dilemma... do you think you'll really want to wear sandals that often when you're out and about? isn't that what the comfortable walking shoes are for? I think a pair of shower sandals that are durable enough to wear out once in awhile would suffice, so that's 4 pairs. the Knee high rain boots, pack all the socks and underwear you'll need inside of those, and then pack those first. You can do it!
Do not scrimp on the shoes! The waterproof boots are essential-- sensible hiking boots: ditto (remember the fer de lance!). You do not want to get anything like hookworm or parasites, so a pair of flip flops for the shower is 99 cent insurance. I have ended up buying a pair of shoes or sandals in almost every location. You might as well be well prepared. Maybe Sharon has some good advice for you! (If only we could convince her to get on the Facebook...)
Have a wonderful trip. Take lots of pictures!
what is going on? i already commented on this post, didn't I? was it deleted? PS when do you leave?
Post a Comment