Popular Posts

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Costa Rica: study abroad: first impressions

I have only been in Costa Rica since Sunday night and I haven't done anything touristic yet, so I can't really comment on the country of CR (although it seems like it might be lovely once you leave the suburbs of San Juan).  I am staying in a really wonderful house that sometimes has internet access, making me very lucky compared to other students. The family is very sweet and I really enjoy talking to them.
Some initial observations about this study abroad program:

  • Traveling as a group is a challenge- mostly for me because I am not used to this level of restriction while traveling and the slowness of others; 
  • I really don't like onions and have a hard time voicing that to my host family. So far, I have eaten two eggs with onions in them and worked really hard to do it; 
  • I really dread dance lessons. I do not want to 'learn' to dance anything. Can't this be optional?
  • Trek towels are really amazing. If you are traveling and need to bring a towel they are so worth it. Their absorbency continues to blow my mind on a daily basis. 
Flowering Tree

2 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

Hope you're having fun. How long will you be there?

Harold Burnett said...

Can't wait to read and see more of your thoughts on this beautiful place.