Our dinner plan for the week is:
sunday: egyptian rice and lentils with spiced yogurt; spanish roasted potato salad
monday: vegetable jalfrezi
tuesday: yummy bean burritos
wednesday: vegetables in coconut milk & white rice
thursday: go out to dinner
friday: pad thai
![]() |
| everything you need to make yummy bean burritos |
I am most excited about the bean burritos. I have made them before and I think the filling is delicious. Even though we are eating them without meat, they would probably be tasty with chicken also.
Here is the recipe to make a delicious taco/burrito bean filling:
Ingredients:
2 tsp. oil (canola or vegetable)
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. minced chipotle in adobo sauce (this comes in a little can in the Mexican aisle, I mince it myself)
1 tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. kosher salt
1/3 cup water or vegetable broth
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. minced chipotle in adobo sauce (this comes in a little can in the Mexican aisle, I mince it myself)
1 tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. kosher salt
1/3 cup water or vegetable broth
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
6 tbsp. salsa (your choice, I usually use something from Trader Joe's, but you could make your own. This can add spice or keep them mild depending on what kind you use).
Heat the oil in a medium sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, and salt and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the bean and broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from health and add salsa to bean mixture. Mash with a fork and serve in tortillas with your favorite taco/burrito toppings.
(also: i have found that plain Greek yogurt is a good alternative to sour cream. Whenever I buy sour cream I only use a few tablespoons and throw the rest away. We always have Greek yogurt)

2 comments:
Where is the cheese? John doesn't like burritos without meat, but I love bean burritos. They need at least a little pocket of cheese, though.
I try to do taco/burrito night sometimes, but it always makes me go over my calories and sodium limits for the day.
These sound good (with maybe the addition of some cheese!) and I'm excited for you to cook this week. Also, I just realized you only gave the recipe for the filling, so duh, I'm sure you'll be adding cheese... right?
Love,
cheese freak
there will be cheese all over everything i cook related to mexico- no worries. the cheese is in the edge of the picture.
Post a Comment