Popular Posts

Friday, January 21, 2011

vacuums

Today I got a new vacuum in the mail and it has already revolutionized my life.  I had a little hand held vacuum, but that stopped working like a month after being continuously asked to clean up dog and lady hair.
So after the baby vacuum died we just started cleaning the floor and the carpet with a broom or (more commonly) by Enrique dragging his foot across the carpet, rounding up the hair into a ball. As you can imagine, this foot motion did not exactly produce the desired results (aka a clean floor). I tried the foot dragging, but I didn't have the technique and was basically useless.
I vacuumed this afternoon and then left the house for a few hours, when I came back I was still astonished at the color of the carpet in our bedroom. I knew it was blue, I just haven't seen it as blue in a couple of months.
ahhh, cleaning.

3 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

when we first got roomba, it was right after a short cat-sitting stint and I was amazed at how much cat hair that thing kept picking up! What's the make and model of this bad boy? FYI I have a total vacuum obsession bordering on fetish.

ssHUMANs said...

it is a hoover windtunnel. i picked it based on amazon reviews and reasonable price.

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

very cool! I just looked it up and it really seems like it can SUCK! also... i like the traditional look of it. Hoover makes a good vac.