Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

final vacation post

I don't really want to believe that our vacation is over, but it is, and this is the last time you have to endure a California themed post for a while. We had a really sweet time traveling and while being back at home is comforting, it snowed last night (ugh) and Enrique is back to traveling to and from DC three times a week. I am really looking forward to the spring semester starting, so that at least is a plus. School is awesome. Book club has also started, with out first official selection being Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok which has been a real pleasure to read so far. Even if you can't commit to the awesomeness that is book club, I would recommend checking out this book.

Anyway, back to the road trip. Enrique has a zumi video camera which we used to take the footage for these videos. We like it because it is super small and takes vintage looking shots. However, it is not good for clear/high definition video (which we don't mind).

The first video has clips from LA, Santa Barbara, Rt. 1, and Big Sur.

 Song: I Just Want to Celebrate: Rare Earth

The second video includes Carmel, Monterey, and Los Angeles.

Song: California Stars by Billy Bragg & Wilco

1 comment:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

very nice vids! I love the staged looking shots with sara sitting and looking because I know they were only staged in enrique's mind!