So today is actually day five of vacation, but we didn't have internet for a few of the days in between. After spending the day in Santa Barbara, we spent the next morning at the Santa Barbara Mission and then headed to Big Sur in central CA. The drive to Big Sur was beautiful, although not that fun to drive at times because it was very twisty. During the drive we stopped to look at the ocean views and sea elephants. The sea elephants were really cool and lazy. In the evening we arrived to our awesome cabin in the (red)woods (thanks mom!) and made a fire and read and I went to sleep at 9:00pm. I forced Enrique to wake up early the next day (he didn't go to bed at 9:00pm) to go hiking at Pfeiffer State Park. I was really glad we got their early because right as we were leaving, lots of people were headed up the trail we has just climbed. It was called Valley View, which I guess should have been an indication that we were going to have to walk up a mountain to see the valley, but that really didn't occur to me until we were about halfway up and my legs were burning (it was a good burn). The weather was great.
This is a photo heavy post, as they do a way better job of explaining the beautiful things we saw. Also, I am usually behind the camera, so photos of Enrique are much more common. Plus I think he is very photogenic.
Next up: Carmel & Monterey, CA
 |
| inside SB Mission |
 |
| flowers are in bloom! |
 |
| CA landscape |
 |
| sea elephants (and enrique) |
 |
| cabin in Big Sur |
 |
| outside cabin |
 |
| valley & ocean view |
 |
| along hwy 1 |
1 comment:
It's true...Enrique is so so pretty...but where are you and Lulu?
Post a Comment