Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Kicks = Inspiration

Hey Blollowers,
You probably don't even remember that I am co-blogger of Bring Your Own Sunscreen, but...here I am! I've finally thought of something that is interesting enough to write about (maybe?) and it was all inspired by my awesome new sneaks!
I started running (well...jogging) a few months ago with my friend Amy and worked up to 2.5 miles without walking at all (Amy did it too, but she forgets...). I've kept going and decided to try to run the 5K for Lupus with Amy's family, which I did! It was nice to feel like I had to push myself, so I decided to register for the 8K in the Philadelphia Marathon, which is now two weeks away. I've been trying to add on a bit each time I run and this weekend I ran 4 miles in a very hilly trail- but it started to hurt my knees.
Sooo...my friend Eric told me that my shoes were crappy and that I needed to buy new shoes. That was pretty much all I needed to decide it was OK to spend money on some new sneaks so here they are!
Today immediately after buying them (I even went to the store in my running clothes) I went for a run and ran 3.5 miles (It was getting dark and I was in a forest frequented by rapists, so I had to quite there!) But, my knees didn't hurt and I felt super cool running with these babies on my feet.
So, that's my new "thing" and unfortunately there is nothing else going on in my life that is remotely interesting except this. School is winding down- which is awesome. I will be going to New Orleans after Christmas with my parents and my friend Amy (Right Amy?!), so a homework assignment for all you Bleaders is to let me know if you've ever been to New Orleans and anything you'd recommend doing or eating while we're there (The eating is slightly more important than the doing).
Gracias Por Todos,
Legs McGee

7 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

John got me these bad boys last year: http://www.weonlinestore.com/womens-nike-air-max-2009-running-shoes-gray-orange-sneakers
which I love,
but I also got a pair of NB's this year that I love. I use my Nike+ (food iPod device thingie) with both pairs and I love seeing my runs progress. You are doing awesome.

Oh, for N.Orleans... all i can say is BEIGNETS!

Michelle said...

Those shoes are cute too. I saw a bunch that I liked!

What is a food iPod device thingie? I started tracking my miles on a microsoft word template- it is nice to see it all added up. :)

Beignets will definitely be a part of the trip!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ssHUMANs said...

try and say blollowers out loud.

lmw said...

COOPS! it is the best food in new orleans. it is on decatur between ursulines and st. phillips in the french quarter. my brother says the jumbalaya supreme is amazing and i always get the shrimp and oyster po' boy. that place is seriously awesome.

then go to cafe du monde for beignets. it is just a couple blocks from coops place also on decatur and across from jackson square.

i love new orleans. i would live there right now if i wasn't in school.
i might be there after christmas also, if i am we should hang out and eat awesome food together.

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=nike+%2B+ipod&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=15184869593371322055&ei=GifaTN_MJIu8sAPS37GaBw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

It's a device that hooks into your iPod and then you wear a little chip in your shoe or on the laces (I think it might fit in your nikes, but maybe not. Check under the left foot sole) in a little pouch. Then while you run you listen to music and it tracks your miles, pace, etc. and you can get spoken feedback, listen to power songs, etc. Then when u plug your ipod into the computer it directs you to the nike site where it logs your runs and you can see how well you're doing! I'm not a pro and I only run a couple times a week max, but I still love it.

ssHUMANs said...

also: do you feel like rapists needs to be a "tag"? like you might go back and search through the blog for posts related to rapists?! :)