Fourth of July 2009. Michelle invites me ( & Enrique, Eunice, Cogger etc...) to a backyard party at her friend's house. Everyone was supposed to bring food and there was a food competition for best side dish, best burger, best dessert. Needless to say, we won every category, leading to some resentment among other participants. I can't help it if we are amazingly good cooks (I actually didn't vote for the burgers we brought and they won anyway).Anyway, when we were getting ready to prepare the food, Michelle suggested we make a salad with corn, avocado, mozzarella, tomato. While these are all ingredients I love, I was extremely skeptical about their combination and was definitely not convinced it would be good.
Let me just say it is one of the most amazing things I have ever tasted!
The recipe is from the food network. This picture isn't even doing it justice. I have dreams about this salad.
We made it using corn on the cob, red cherry tomatoes (this picture shows red & yellow tomatoes which would surely be delicious), and little mozzarella balls cut in half.
I highly recommend eating this soon.
1 comment:
Your salad looks awesome. I love corn and avocado. Not to plug my own blog or anything, but here's a yummy salsa I posted once: http://bitURL.net/blackbean
You'd have to omit some of the stuff (onions) since you're so picky, but most people love it.
I am going to try your salad, maybe for Memorial Day.
Post a Comment