Popular Posts

Monday, May 17, 2010

CSA Love


So this Blost may be overshadowed by so many of Sara's blosts today. It's been a big day for the Blog, but Sara was pressuring me to Blost...


Lucas and I (Mostly I) joined a CSA at Greensgrow farms in Phila (http://www.greensgrow.org/). We only got a half share- which we pick up every other week, because it seemed like it would have been too much to pick it up every week. Our first pick up is on June 5th and I'm super excited about it. Here is what we get every pick-up:


  • 5-8 locally grown vegetables

  • Two types of fruit

  • A locally produced cheese

  • A dairy option (Yogurt, butter, eggs, tofu or seitan)

  • And throughout the season we will get Local bread, mushrooms, cider, honey, flowers and locally brewed beer!)

SO I thought that since I can never think of things to Blost about, I thought that I could fill everyone in on what awesome things I got every other week in my CSA goody-box. Also, maybe some of the things that I cooked with my awesome stuff -word on the street is that some of it will be unfamiliar territory.


As if this wasn't awesome enough. This Thursday is an orientation party for all the CSA'ers, which I think will be fun. I'll keep you Blosted!


2 comments:

ssHUMANs said...

You already know that I think this sounds awesome. You are going to have so many veggies to eat once your garden comes in + you get the CSA box. You can be my CSA and I will visit your house in August for my pick-ups!
Take your camera to the party.

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

I am jeal... you're totally bloasting in this blost.