Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

good friends

Good friends are the best!

Earlier this month, Kristen and John not only let us crash at their apartment in Los Angeles twice, but they also went out of their way to drive us places (like the airport twice), show us around and take us out to eat. They are always so hospitable and thoughtful when I am a guest.


Then my friendly friend Veronica invited me to spend a weekend with her in NYC. Despite really cold weather, she shuttled me around Brooklyn and Manhattan making sure I had lots of yummy food to eat. Veronica works full time as a teacher and is also a student, so I know her weekends are valuable, but she had no problem dropping her regular life to float around with me.


Last weekend Michelle and I went to Lancaster for a birthday party for Leah's dad. Really sweet of Leah to invite us and even though 100+ people showed up, she made sure to spend some time with us and introduce us to her friends. Not to mention Michelle spent the day driving us to and from Lancaster (using her E-Z pass no less) and walking around in really freezing weather looking at old stuff with me.





Finally, this Wednesday morning I called Tahnee in Portland to say "hey Tahn, I never ever call you but Enrique is flying into your city tonight and has doesn't have a place to stay." She is such a great friend that not only did not hesitate for once second on confirming that he could stay with her with no advance notice, but she also she picked him up from the airport , which I know was a pain because she doesn't have a car, and then walked around Portland with him before her and her bf took him out for Thai food.

thanks guys!

3 comments:

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

What a sweet post...
I really enjoyed reading about the things your friends have done for you recently, and I know it's because you are also a good friend to them and me.
We love sara & enrique! I wish you would move here and you could have our 2nd bedroom now that we're moving into a "mansion"!

Michelle said...

This was SUCH a sweet post, and Kristen is totally right- you have such good friends because you are such a good friend! You do things like show up and make videos of your friends running. You're awesome, so you deserve awesomeness around you! Love ya, toots!

Unknown said...

tearing up like an old softie now. of course i second Praz and michelle, when i read halfway through your blurb on praz and her bf, I thought, "of course they do this for you and enrique! you guys are awesome!" I love that you knew you could call and ask if enrique could stay with us. it made a blah week very fun and exciting and special and we look forward to having both of you visit. and if you move here, then i know i will not see more of you, but more of praz and michelle as well. bonuses all around. and, by the way, between you and enrique it is difficult to say who is the more mellow houseguest. I have to give props to franz for outdoing himself in helping with car and suit shopping.